Player Code of Conduct
There is a Code of Conduct that all Players, Coaching Staff, Volunteers and Spectators must adhere to
VICTORIA VILLAGE HOCKEY LEAGUE (VVHL) CODE OF CONDUCT
I realize that my goal of being a hockey player/participant in the VVHL is to enjoy the game, have fun, improve my hockey skills, abide by the rules and play clean hockey. I agree to such as, but not limited to the following:
I realize that the Code of Conduct policy begins as I enter the parking lot and into the rink, and continues as I leave the dressing room, in the lobby of the rink, and exiting the parking lot after games or practices.
- I will always act with proper respect and listen to my coaches, officials, and rink personnel. I also expect my parents/guardians and other family members and friends to abide by this same code.
- I will not argue with the officials on or off the ice, I will use appropriate language at all times. I will not act in a manner that would embarrass myself, my teammates, my coaches or the adult group, or be disrespectful of the VVHL Code of Conduct policy.
- I will not use profanity, make abusive or obscene gestures, I will not engage in fighting or other activity that could injure another player, coach, parent, as pursuant with the Code of Conduct policy.
- I will not possess any tobacco products, drugs or alcoholic beverages, or carry any weapons.
- I will abide by my team rules and always be respectful of my teammates and opposing players, property, dressing rooms, rink facilities, and hotels where my team is staying.
I recognize that it is a privilege, and not a right, to be able to play hockey for the VVHL. I will always act in a positive way that will make my teammates, coaches, and family proud of me.